So many of our country’s problems today are similar to those our founding fathers were confronted with in 1776 when they declared their independence from England.
If a new constitution was written today, I think it might take the following form:
Declaration of Independence from the original U.S. Constitution
The Re-establishment of State Sovereignty
When in the Course of human events, the existing federal government continues to become an ever increasing more powerful government trampling on the rights of the member states and its citizens; it becomes necessary for the people to replace that government. Some of the most influential founding fathers like Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, James Madison, and Samuel Adams had designed the constitution to protect the states’ sovereignty and individual liberty. The original intent of the constitution must be restored.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created with equal opportunities, and they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights; among these are Life, Liberty, ownership of Property and the Pursuit of Happiness. To secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute a new Government. It must be remembered that the federal government is the servant of the states and people and not its master.
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations reduce the individuals’ liberty and the states’ sovereignty, it is their right; it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Such has been the patient sufferance of these fifty united States; and such is now the necessity which compels them to alter their former System of Government. The history of the present government of these united States is a history of repeated injuries and of abusing federal government power over state sovereignty and individual liberty, all having the purpose of the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world. The present government has:
(1) refused the adoption of laws that are in the best interests of the people. Rather they have wrongly adopted laws that are beneficial to the international bankers, the military industrial complex companies and the various powerful lobbyists; including those that work for the interests of other countries.
(2) created a multitude of new government departments, bloating the government with unnecessary and costly controls over the states and individuals. This huge increase in governmental departments and regulations has had a profoundly negative effect on the lives and livelihoods of millions of Americans.
(3) made our military into an “Offensive Military” instead of a “Defensive Military.” Our interfering in the affairs of other countries has resulted in the creation of a large number of terrorist organizations and the killing and maiming of millions of these countries innocent citizens. We cannot continue to be the “Policeman of the World” by engaging in these immoral and costly actions.
(4) combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our Constitution through the gradual move to what has been referred to as “The New World Order” where our states sovereignty and individual liberty is being diminished even more. We need to immediately sever ties to Global entities such as, but not limited to, “The United Nations”, the “International Monetary Fund”, the “International Criminal Court”, and the “World Trade Organization”.
(5) adopted “Free Trade Tariffs” instead of “Fair Trade” policies which has sent an inordinate amount of our good paying jobs overseas.
(6) adopted an unfair federal income tax on our citizens’ salaries resulting in a form of slavery forcing the workers to work extra hours without being paid.
(7) deprived us of the full benefits of a Trial by Jury by refusing to compel judges to explain to the jurors that they have the right to judge both the law and the facts in a case and can find the defendant not guilty for any reason, even if he has broken the law. This is the final “check and balance” against an unjust law, a tyrannical government or a biased judge.
(8) deprived us of not being tried fairly in our court system. A person today can be convicted of a crime even when he was the only injured party.
(9) used foreign and domestic Mercenaries to (a) covertly fight undeclared wars, (b) engaged in illegal police actions, and (c) over throw governments throughout the world, resulting in unnecessary deaths, desolation and tyranny while promoting circumstances of Cruelty & treachery scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of the Head of a civilized nation.
(10) not adequately protected the Mexican American border to keep illegal aliens, drug dealers and possible terrorists from entering the United States.
(11) created a multitude of unnecessary laws that need to be abolished. A partial list is: The Food and Drug Act, Controlled Substance Act, the 2004 Anti-Semitic Act, The USA Patriot Act, The Clean Air Act, and The Civil Rights Act. All of these regulations can be best administered by the individual states.
(12 given us the allusion of a two party system when in reality, the same global elitists control both parties.
(13) allowed governmental policies to be made by unelected members of such organizations as the Council On Foreign Relations, Trilateral Commission, the Bilderbergers and the American Israel Public Affairs Committee. (AIPAC)
(14) been deaf to the voice of justice . Our elected representatives have repeatedly ignored the will of the people. We must, therefore, concede in the necessity, which denounces our current government and its Constitution and start a new era of a small federal government that recognizes the sovereignty of each state and individual liberty for its citizens.
We, the Representatives of the united States of America, appeal to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do in the name and by authority of the good people of these states, solemnly publish and declare, that these united States are, and of right ought to adopt a new Constitution, NUSA. The new united States are absolved from all allegiance to the old constitution, laws and treaties and have full power to levy war, conclude peace, contract alliances, establish commerce, and to do all other acts and things which the new Constitution allows. And for the support of this Independence from the original U.S. Constitution and to the Declaration of State Sovereignty, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our sacred Honor.
Created by; J. Larry Flinchpaugh April 22, 2011