I scored tonights debate a near tie except for Biden's smirking, laughing, interrupting and generally condescending demeanor and jackass behaviour. Because of those negative factors I actually scored the debate 55% for Ryan and 45% for Biden.
I am alarmed about some things that Ryan DIDN'T say:
1. When he was asked if he would condemn the burning of Kurans by our troops he did NOT say that burning is the proper way to dispose of a defaced Kuran (remember that the Kurans in question had been defaced by prisoners writing notes to each other in the margins of the Kurans which were burned). Instead, Ryan said that he would "absolutely" condemn the action.
2. Ryan (and the moderator) allowed Biden to interrupt him way too much.
3. Ryan failed to say that GM took the bailout money and immediately used it to begin creating jobs in China.
4. Ryan failed to say that there have been more American lives lost in Afghanistan during Obama's four years in office than during GWB's tenure in the WH.
1. Joe said that he didn't know how long it would take to get unemployment below the 6% that Obama said he could achieve if his stimulus were passed.
I really doubt if this debate will change the poll numbers at all. Paul Ryan needs to study some issues a bit more.